Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Aaare Bhai, its me! These days "A Now & Then blogger"


OH BOY!  Today I am in one heck of a writing mood!  Wanting to write is at times almost like a drunken stupor for me (mind you, I am not an Alcoholic, though).  Writing is meant to be an unrestrained pursuit, even much to the chagrin of my dear wife, who stoically amidst protests, amusingly puts up with me. (I love her Very Much).

I believe if you do not pen it down, the flow never returns for those specific thoughts racing through the forefront on your mind, right then!

One of my dear friends queried with me recently, genuinely: “why do you have to write so much and tell the world?”, "don’t you have better things to do? & that too on fb???, who reads what you have to say any way on dumb fb?  Why don’t you blog on LinkedIn or a blog site instead????’….I smiled and determined to stay quiet & give my answer through this note on 'dumb fb'.

FRIENDS, Yes, I do blog and do put stuff on LinkedIn & Twitter too now and then.  But it’s the thrill of an instant quip from someone over fb (+ve or –ve) that ekes out mirth in me and keeps me Young Hearted.

I have discovered that for myself, unlike many who hold disparaging views about posting on fb, I do not subscribe to that. Do I have tons to do, other than fb, sure YES, but for the Joy of remaining Young Hearted….well never let that Spirit Go!

To me its Writing among other pursuits, to someone else its music, to yet another, its Golf or Cooking…..I say go for it! Never kill Passion!

Would I dare to do stuff like this back in time when I was with E&Y or PwC or other Multinationals, SURELY NOT!  I would see the reflections of doing so on a Performance Appraisal to follow!

THIS privilege of living life ‘foot loose and fancy free’ is the exclusive preserve of An Entrepreneur or one who is in His/Her own business.  A Business Man get to move schedules around to let the creative juices flow until they ebb…just kidding…..have a Joyous Day folks, whichever Hemisphere you are in!

REMEMBER: NEVER KILL PASSION for doing stuff! It sustains you and is your identity, above all KEEPS YOU TICKING! Adios, Au Revoir, Namaste, Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment